Do you think that you and your bedmate need some tips to get a good night sleep? Are you looking for an instant remedy for those sleepless nights? There are different reasons why people suffer from insomnia. The following tips to have a good night sleep can be very helpful to you.
* Sleeping in the right position is one of the most important factors for getting a sound sleep at night. This means that your head should be as flat as possible, with your spine in line with your neck. Avoid sleeping on your back, or with your head thrown backwards.
* Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages before going to bed. Alcohol can greatly reduce the quality and quantity of your sleep. It can also prevent you from having a deep and relaxing night of sleep. Instead, sip on chamomile tea during the late afternoon to promote drowsiness. Chamomile tea will also help reduce stress and promote restful sleep.
* Avoid using artificial lighteners and pillows during the night. Artificial lighteners can cause severe disruptions in the natural rhythm of your sleeping pattern. It can also disturb your body’s natural circadian rhythms that lead to sleep disorders. Pillows also can disrupt your sleeping pattern since it can cause pressure points that can result to tossing and turning during your sleep.
* Avoid eating immediately before going to bed. Doing so will cause your body to remain awake and thus making it difficult to sleep. Try to go on with your meal a little longer to help your stomach settle down first. Eating too soon before going to bed may also cause indigestion and urge to vomit. However, it is recommended to avoid heavy foods high in fat content during the last two hours of your sleep.
* Avoid caffeine and alcohol consumption right before sleeping. These substances tend to disrupt the body’s natural sleeping rhythms. Caffeine can keep you awake. Alcohol, on the other hand, may keep you alert. However, it can cause physiological effects that may include sleep deprivation. So it is best to steer clear of these substances if you want to have a good night’s sleep.
* Avoid napping during the day. When you are tired, your body does not need to rejuvenate. So sleeping on the same day as your body recharge its batteries is not advisable. If you must, doze off for a few hours each day but try to get up for an hour or less early to beat the caffeine and alcohol effects.
Having a good night sleep does not necessarily mean that you have to deprive yourself of all comfort and enjoyment. You can indulge in your favorite activities. Just make sure that you get enough rest to bounce back and recharge your batteries. Also remember that sleeping is about calming down, not relaxing. So make sure you avoid stressful or too-hot environments before bedtime. Remember that sleep is a gift from God to help us live better lives!
* Learn not to think too much about your problems or worries. Stress causes a physical problem: the body increases blood pressure and heart rate to help combat the stress. However, these increases in the body can lead to insomnia if not relieved properly. So get rid of the stressors in your life if you feel they are getting in the way of getting a good night sleep.
* Avoid caffeine and alcohol before going to bed. Alcohol and caffeine can greatly affect your sleep patterns. If you must drink them, have them very late at night or early in the morning. And definitely before going to sleep. Other than that, other than being very obnoxious, they can also disrupt your sleep.
* Exercise can drastically improve your sleeping habits. Not only can it improve blood circulation and heart rate, it can also make you more relaxed. That is why you might find exercise especially helpful when you have trouble sleeping. In fact, some people claim that doing exercise just before sleeping can help you fall asleep faster and easier.
These tips to have a good night sleep may seem quite obvious and basic. But if you want to get to sleep fast, they really work. If you’re still having trouble, you can try them for several weeks. If you have a lot of trouble, sleep studies might be helpful.