Did you know that working out your lower body might help you burn more calories and accelerate your weight loss? It is commonly stated that a person should never skip their leg days. Yes, I agree that working out your upper body gives you rapid benefits, but working out your lower body is just as essential.
Engaging key muscle groups, strengthening the core and bones, reducing joint aches, sculpting legs, creating a symmetrical physique, and much more are all benefits of lower-body training.
Now that you’ve turned your attention to the post, allow me to introduce you to the ideal instrument for shaping your lower body: Ankle Straps.
This article will walk you through all you need to know about this fantastic piece of gym equipment so you can get the finest ankle straps.
Why Is Lower Body Toning Important?
Before we look for the finest ankle straps, it’s vital to understand why you should tone your lower body in the first place, since making an informed selection is the best option.
Exercise is highly important since a strong lower body provides stability to the complete human body and promotes mobility. It aids in the prevention of injuries as well as the management of chronic conditions such as heart disease and arthritis.
Exercising your legs helps to activate the hormones you need to promote fat metabolism, muscular development, repair damaged muscle proteins, and strengthen your immune system, among other things.
Aside from that, when you work out your lower body, you employ both of your legs, ensuring that your less dominant leg is not overworked due to its strength and mobility.
Incorporating a correct lower body training program also helps you target your core, enhance cognitive processes, reduce lower back pain, align your body, manage stress, improve posture, and improve overall fitness.
It’s not true that if you don’t train your lower body, your muscles will turn into fat. Rather, muscle cells will shrink and fat cells will increase over time, resulting in an overall exaggerated figure.
Ankle Straps: What Are They?
Ankle straps are a fantastic, but simple-to-use piece of gym equipment that keeps your exercises interesting while also toning and tightening your lower body. These straps are worn around the ankles, with one side wrapped around the ankle and the other side (or rear) of the straps having a hook that connects to a cable pulley machine.
This machine allows you to move your legs in a number of directions, allowing you to target your core, glutes, hamstrings, thighs, and other key muscle groups all at once.
What are the Benefits of Ankle Straps for Athletes?
Do you know that an athlete’s favorite piece of equipment is ankle straps?
It enables athletes to exercise more effectively and efficiently, resulting in stronger lower bodies.
Aside from that, ankle straps assist them in toning, tightening, and strengthening their lower bodies in order to compete better against other teams.
Ankle Straps Have Many Advantages
The following are some of the primary advantages of wearing ankle straps:
Allows for a variety of workouts
Ankle straps are an excellent method to mix up your lower-body training. It quickly connects to any normal wire system, allowing you to do leg extensions, hip abductors, and other lower-body exercises.
Tighten, tone, and strengthen
Ankle straps are an excellent piece of gym equipment for achieving a properly toned, trimmed, and powerful lower body. Exercise with ankle straps can target your calves, hamstrings, and even glutes when utilized with a cable machine. As a result, the muscles are tightened and strengthened, resulting in a leaner and more muscular lower body.
The ankle straps’ premium-grade, smart-fit features allow them to sit comfortably on your ankles while exercising without falling off. It distributes the weight evenly, preventing injuries and allowing you to enjoy your lower-body training routine.
The ankle straps include a clever locking mechanism with sturdy steel D-rings to support all of your heavy-duty lower-body activities while keeping you comfortable.
Exercises using an Ankle Strap Cable
Here’s how you tone, trim, and tighten your core, buttocks, thighs, and hamstrings, among other areas.
- Before you begin exercising, follow these three simple steps to connect the cable pulley to your ankle straps:
- Wear the ankle strap and tighten it around your ankle.
- On the cable pulley machine, place the weights.
- On the cable pulley machine, connect the D-ring to the carabiner.
You may now begin your workouts for a flawlessly shaped lower body after you’re all prepared and connected to the machine.
Hip Flexions with Straight Leg Cables
This exercise strengthens your glutes, quadriceps, and hip flexors.
- The cable should be connected to your ankle strap.
- With your back to the cable pulley machine, stand up straight.
- Pull your leg forward until it reaches a 45-degree angle.
- While tugging, make careful to maintain your knee straight.
- Rep the exercise with the other leg for a total of 12-15 repetitions on each side.
Inner Thigh Pulls with Cable
- You’ll be exercising your abductors and glutes with this workout.
- The cable pulley should be attached to the ankle strap nearest to the machine.
- For support, hold the machine with one hand.
- Pull the leg in front of the supporting leg while keeping it straight and tight, feeling the contraction in the inner thigh.
- For optimal mobility, keep your supporting leg slightly bent.
- Do not let your working leg down until you have completed 12-15 repetitions.
- Rep the same reps with the other leg.
Hip abductions using a cable
- You’ll be exercising your hips and lateral quads muscles in this workout.
- Face a cable pulley machine with your back to it.
- Set the pulley machine to the lowest setting and link it to your ankle strap on the leg that is not in front of the machine.
- With one hand, hold on to the cable machine to keep yourself stable.
- Extend your leg out at a 45-degree angle, pointing your toe up.
- Return your foot to the starting position and stretch it over the supporting leg.
- Make sure you’re simply moving your leg and not the rest of your body.
- Keep your foot off the floor until you’ve completed all of your repetitions.
- Rep the exercise with the other leg for a total of 20-25 repetitions on each side.
Kickbacks at a 45-degree angle from the cable
- You’ll be exercising your glutes and hamstrings with this workout.
- Face a cable pulley machine while standing up straight.
- Set the machine to the lowest setting and attach your ankle strap.
- Begin by bringing both of your feet together.
- Pull the strapped leg back at a 45-degree angle, maintaining your knee straight and extending your upper glutes.
- Slowly lower your leg and return to the starting position.
- Rep the exercise with your other leg for a total of 12-15 repetitions.
Choosing the Right Ankle Strap
By now, I’m sure you’ve decided to get an ankle strap and are looking forward to trying out all of the new workouts. So, to avoid wasting your money, let me describe what a great ankle strap might look like.
Ankle straps come in a variety of styles and materials, with varying degrees of quality. Padded ankle straps made of double-stitched nylon fabric are the finest. This cushion will protect your ankles from bruises caused by rubbing against abrasive materials when exercising. The cushioning will also make you feel more at ease in your new gym gear, allowing you to adjust quicker.
While training on the cable pulley machine, the double-stitched nylon will give you a sense of security. Are you curious as to how? When you use a cable pulley machine, you attach weights to the opposite side and pull them all through a cable linked to your ankle. The double nylon stitching will keep your ankle strap from tearing out of your ankle when you apply force to draw those weights. It allows you to lift bigger weights without risk of injury.
The Velcro strap will ensure that the ankle strap is firmly secured around your ankles, preventing the strap from moving up and down throughout your workout. The extra-wide ankle straps will allow you to exercise without worry of inversion or eversion, allowing you to achieve your anatomically perfect lower body goals while avoiding injury.
So there you have it, everything you wanted to know about ankle straps. You now know that ankle straps are an effective and simple technique for swiftly creating the ideal lower body.
The straps will add new and interesting exercises to your daily routine, giving you a strong core, sculpted legs, and a beautiful butt to show off in your new jeans.